Welcome to MADAMNATION...





Just a brief message of the day to MADAMNATION "Pronounced" (My Dam Nation)... You are beautiful just the way you are.
Don't take nothing less than the best, for the world can be a harsh & cold place out there, & you can get ate up in the process of settling for less than you deserve.

I woke up about 4:30 am this morning because I just couldn't sleep. Trying my best to settle in & get acclimated with my new dorm settings here on campus after being relocated about a half a football field across the grounds from where I just spent the past two years here at SCI-CBS.

Being up in the wee early morning hours like that got me to thinking. Thinking about my best friend Eve Harlowe and how she tends to get MIA on me throughout this whole bid that I've been grinding out these last almost 6 years.

She says that she's just been too busy with life, & that I should just understand... & just be there whenever she finds the time for me...ie not answering my phone calls from my imprisonment, or even answering my letters. This is something that she does, However today I finally gave up.

Today I stop just settling for less than the best friendship I know that I deserve. I wrote my best friend Eve a Dear John email today, severing 25 years of friendship... why? Because I deserve better than a fair weather friend... one who's just there for me when the times are good.

I had to make room for a deserving friend who's willing to ride out the storm with me beyond the bright sunny days of life. It hurt me dearly to cut her off today...remembering this person with whom I've sheared a great deal of my youth with in our growing up and discovering who we were as Transgender young women in the 90's back in Philly. But times change, & I guess people do too.

Thus I'm going to take the advice I would give any of you out there in MADAMNATION. Never settle for less than you know you deserve.

People will only give you what you are willing to take, thus I say, don't settle my little Dam Ones... MADAM♥

Comments

Post a Comment

Welcome to MADAMNATION...

Welcome to MADAMNATION...

Welcome to MADAMNATION...