Welcome to MADAMNATION...



MADAMNATION #20/ The Other Woman...

So today I'm just kicking it back with my Room mate Tae as we're just chilling and listening to Series XM Radio on some lazy Sunday vibe here in the State Penn.

The DJ on Series is "I guess" playing some make it or break it singles on his rotation. All was sounding hot with the new releases just out, & I'm wishing we could take part in such a simple privilege of the Free World by being able to phone in and voice our opinions on the latest music released.

But oh yeah... we're CONVICTS so that's never gonna happen. Then came the next song played... It was a track by a young girl proclaiming to be some guy's weekend chick? I mean, am I hearing this correct? ... the song goes on to have this seemingly low self-esteem girl not only proclaim her second class citizenship in this somewhat relationship of three, she now goes in on it, by giving the World, directive in just how it's all going to go down.

And I quote... "you can have him Monday thru Thursday, & I'll be his weekend girl," & so on. I mean, she makes the whole scenario sound so amicably fashionable.

Now, I have only been "away" for a little under six years. So can some one please tell me has society changed so much that women are openly sharing men?

I know times are a changing & all, & perhaps MADAM has lost some sense of reality with the hottest trends out there... but come on ladies! OPENLY SHARING YOUR MAN? I'm not feeling this at all.

Women, we need to take some real self inventory of our worth. We can do better... I mean even my self proclaimed Trans-Male Player room mate Tae was appalled that a young woman would write such rubbish for her single.

And who the hell were her producers on the track? This message was wack that their sending to market & someone needs to call them out on it.

What ever happened to music with a message like Nina Simone's Track "The Other Woman"? A similar sentiment, but with a moral message... "Somebody's loosing in the end". I'm sorry guys... call me old fashion cause... I Can't!!

Comments

Welcome to MADAMNATION...

Welcome to MADAMNATION...

Welcome to MADAMNATION...